Alexa house was built in 1896 by the renowned art collector Baron Conrad Adolphus du Bois de Ferrieres. This and the sister house next door were built as hunting lodges for its London based owners to spend time enjoying Harrogate's Spa and riding in the near by country side. Harrogate has been a popular destination dating back to the Victorian era and has continued to be up to the present day.
The House remains Victorian in style with a wonderful tiled hallway and grand marble fireplaces. The former stables are now ground floor cottage rooms, easily accessible from the car park.