TERMS & CONDITIONS
Alexa House reserves the right to change these terms from time to time.
- 1. PricesAll published rates include VAT at the current rate. The Hotel's rates may vary from time to time and Guests are advised to consult with the reservation desk. For breakfast there is an additional charge of £10 per person, per day.
- 2. BookingsAll Bookings ("Bookings") are personal and may not be sold, assigned or otherwise transferred. Bookings must be guaranteed by a major credit or debit card. Specific Rooms cannot be guaranteed and may be changed without notice for an equivalent type.
The first night of every booking will be taken from the card supplied on the day of booking. This is non refundable unless sufficient time has been given to allow the room to be re sold. The Cancellation policy as per note 5 will be then applied.
- 3. Arrival and DepartureArrivals Rooms Ready by 1pm / Departure by 10.30am
- 4. Cancellations, amendments and non-arrivalsIf, for any reason, a Booking has to be cancelled a cancellation number will be given. This must be retained or the full contract price will be charged for non-arrivals.
- 5. Cancellations and AmendmentsThe first night of any stay is non-refundable. Every effort will be made to re-sell the room but if that is not possible the full cost of the room will be charged. A Booking cancelled less than five full days before arrival will incur payment of the full contract price. This will be deducted from the Credit or Debit card supplied in accordance with clause 2. If the Hotel is able to fill the rooms, up to ninety per cent (90%) of the cancellation cost will be refunded.
Bookings made during Conferences or Exhibitions must be cancelled one month prior to the event to receive a refund. Every effort will be made to re-sell the room but if that is not possible the full cost of the room will be charged. The first nights stay will be charged and retained for all bookings cancelled giving less than 28 days notice in any event
- 6. AmendmentsTo amend a Booking, Guests must telephone [email/write] to the Hotel. Cancellation charges apply as per clause 5.
- 7. Car ParkingThe Hotel does not accept responsibility for damage to, or for theft from, or for theft of vehicles parked on Hotel premises.
- 8. InsuranceGuests are recommended to have insurance to cover cancellation, curtailment and loss of baggage, personal effects and money.
- 9. ChildrenCots are available free of charge, subject to availability. At the time of Booking Guests should request extra child beds and/or cots. The Hotel does not provide cot bedding or specific childrens breakfasts.
Children under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult to ensure that the childrens behaviour is appropriate for other guests within the Hotel.
- 10. Disabled / Less Mobile Guest roomsThe Hotel offers ground floor access rooms for use by less mobile Guests. As needs do vary, Guests are requested to check before making the booking and identify any specific requirements.
- 11. DogsDogs are accepted solely at the discretion of the Hotel. The Guest is responsible for controlling the pet and will be liable for any damage, soilage or injury however caused by the pet.
No Dog shall be allowed to remain in the room when the guest is not present.
Bookings made with dogs must be made by telephone only.
- 12. BehaviourThe Hotel reserves the right to judge acceptable levels of noise or behaviour of Guests or their representatives, who must take all steps for corrective action as requested by the Hotel. In the event of failure of the Guests or their representatives, to comply with management requests, the Hotel may terminate the booking or stop any event immediately without being liable for any refund or compensation.
- 13. DiscriminationIt is the policy of the Hotel not to discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, creed, sex, marital status, age ethnic origin or disability. Hotel employees and all sub-contractors engaged by or on behalf of the Hotel are expected to adhere to this policy and the Hotel may without incurring any liability to Guests, remove from the Hotel any person or persons offending against this policy.
- 14. External purchasesNo wines, spirits, beers or food may be brought into the Hotel or Hotel grounds by Guests or their representatives for consumption or sale on the premise without the express written consent of the Hotel and for which a charge may be made by the Hotel.
- 15. Comments and complaintsIn the unlikely event you are disappointed with the Hotel any comment or complaint regarding your stay should be made in writing within seven (7) days of departure to the Hotel Management.
- 16. Statutory requirementsThe Hotel is subject to statutory controls, including those relating to fire, licensing, entertainment, health, hygiene and safety. These must be strictly observed by Guests and their representatives.
- 17. LiabilityOther than for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Hotel, the Hotel's liability to the Guest is limited to the price of the Booking.
The Hotel does not accept responsibility for damage to the Guest's possessions or for theft from the room(s) where the Guests are residing.
Unless the Hotel is liable under the above clause, the Guest indemnifies the Hotel from and against any and all liability and any claims, proceedings or damages resulting or arising from the Booking, the Guest or any outside contractors of the Client. The Hotel will not be liable for failure to perform to the extent that the failure is caused by any factor beyond its reasonable control.
- 18. DamageGuests are responsible for any damage caused to the allocated rooms, furnishings, utensils and equipment in them by any act or omission, default or neglect of the guests or their representatives and will pay to the Hotel on demand the amount required to make good or remedy any such damage and the costs of such recovery.
- 19. SmokingThe Hotel is a non smoking hotel. If a Guest decides to smoke in any room they will be liable to a charge for the cleaning/damage the Guest has caused by smoking. A charge equal to one additional nights stay will be charged in all cases.
- 20. Third Party RightsThe Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to this contract.
- 21. LawAny issues arising out of these booking conditions shall be deemed to have existence in England and be subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of English Courts.